The Crider Family

The Crider Family

Monday, January 11, 2010

October...Warning long post with lots of pics...What can I say it was a LOOOOOOOOONG month!

Well Nolan started the month of October weighing in at 2lbs 6.9oz (he lost to 2lbs 5oz right after birth).  He did really well all things considering.  He was so tiny but the nurses and medical staff at St. John's were amazing.  We loved all our nurses.  They saw this momma melt down a few times but I hung in there pretty well.  Here is a pic of Nolan sporting his 1st OSU hat! It fit him pretty well even as small as he was.

This is Nolan's you wanna fit look...He was one tough cookie through all the poking and prodding they did on him.  He was loved by all his nurses...they called him the easy baby and sometimes the drama king! lol We used to tell him that he only set off his alarms because he missed his nurses.  By October 15th Nolan was really packing on the pounds and weighing in at 3lbs. 1.6oz!


This next picture is one of my very favorites...This is Nolan and Daddy holding hands he was just so tiny.  I want to always remember this and never take for granted that we got to keep this miracle baby! Thank you Lord for this precious gift.


This is a picture of the 1st time I got to hold him September 29th 2009...I fell in love with him all over again.  This was also the day I had to leave him in the hospital and go home...1st day home in 26 days.


This Daddy holding Nolan...We hated all the tubes that were connected but after IV came out(October 2nd)  it was a lot easier.  Daddy loves this boy so much!


Here is a close up of him...he was so tiny...

This pic was taken on October 10th when he weighed 2lbs 15oz...sorry for the naked shot but that's how they weighed him in the NICU. He can be mad at me later! lol

On October 14th they tried him off his oxygen for the 1st time...he made about 12 hours before he needed to go back on it.  This same day he took his 1st feed by bottle and he took it like a champ. So here is a pic of both from that day...He is such a big boy!

I just love this picture of his face up close...nasal canal and all...

On October 25th, Nolan turned 1 month old and weighed in at 3lbs 12.7oz.  Here is a picture of him at 1 month old next to JD's hand...see how much he grew! He was 1lbs 2.7oz from his birth weight.

He didn't like his oxygen in his nose very much so he decided he would just pull it out himself! He is very independent!

I had the first of two showers in October...this one was given by my sisters and my mom.  I loved this frame...it says "Once in a while right in the middle of an ordinary life love gives you a fairy tale"...so cute!

My sister Heather AKA Aunt Heder got all 3 of her nieces and nephew shirts that say "My Aunt Heather ROCKS!" Too cute!

My diaper cake

The regular cake...The theme at the shower was "King of the Jungle".  My cousin Elizabeth made the cake...as always she did an awesome job!

This is Megan and Jason dressed up for Halloween...

Megan as Lola from Hannah Montana...

Jason as the White Ninja...

And Nolan as Super man! Being a super hero is tough work! lol On October 31st Nolan weighed in at 4lbs 3.4oz...so in one month time Nolan gained 1lbs 13oz! Aunt Heather made his costume and it was so cute...Thanks Aunt Heather!

Well that's it for October...On to November...

No comments: