The Crider Family

The Crider Family

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Court update...

We went to court today. My mom told the judge that she had an attorney but that they could not make it today. So the judge gave us a 45 day continuance so that they could appoint the children an attorney and my mom and her attorney could get their case together. This is good for us because now the little one's dad can come and say he wants them to stay with us. He is in jail right now but is scheduled to be released on December 1st. I haven't always gotten along with him but right now he is clean and sober. He is also going to AA, taking parenting classes, and working a full time job. So I can't knock him for trying to turn his life around. My attorney also asked the judge to order a hair follicle drug test by 5:00 pm on Friday. I don't know exactly how long it can test back to see any drug use but from what I understand it goes a ways back. My mom is allowed supervised visitation on Sunday evenings and supervised phone calls three nights a week.

We go back to court on January 7th at 1:30 pm. My little sister is starting to have a hard time not being around my mom. So we just keep talking to her and praying with her to help her through things. I also have the two littlest ones in counseling so that will help. Now we just have to get through Christmas now.

Thanks for all your prayers and support!

Love you all!
Brandi

1 comment:

Becki Francy said...

So glad to hear you are doing well. still praying for you. Becki